Answer 29 : In Rath Dinen
::looks blankly::
Problem is, Pip describes himself so many different ways, cause everyone's like, "Dude! A Halfling! You're gonna save us! You're a prince! Yay!" And Pip's like: "Meep!"
But yis, let's see... ::gets Rotk and flips thru to the first Pip & Bergil scene:: Hmmm... Oh! here we go...
Answer 21: "I am a halfling, hard, bold, and wicked!" ::insert maniacal laughter::
Ok, now Question....er, 29: Where were Merry and Pip buried?
Answer 29 : In Rath Dinen
WEEEEE!!! finally! Sorry for it being so hard, but i couldn't really help myself. tharts one of the best lines in the whole book [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
29: (extra) beside Elessar's grave
Q.30: at the battle of (the?) Greenfeilds, who was said to have invented the game of golf and how?
All fellow oz's if there are any, will find it in the 'Monster Quiz' in either The Sunday Telegraph or Daily Telegraph. Or, if you have a copy of the Tolkien Quizbook, should be in there.
Also: I thought it might be an idea if anmyone's question is unanswered in say... 2 days after a post, add a hint or two eh? shmeh
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">But she died 8 years after...?Originally posted by Kitoky:
<font color="Red">Answer 5: </font> Actually...Faramir's birth caused his mother to die and so that's why Denethor's bitter to Faramir, typical ne?
K, i will stop asking impossible questions now. Sorry.
30: In the BOOK, what was Sam's gift from Galadriel.
30: Oh yay! Galadriel gave the "little gardener and lover of trees" a box of Lorien soil (with a single golden seed). Sam used this to spread through the Shire after the Scourging (the Shire looked a mess after Sharkey was through with it!). And he made it pretty again. And some of the kids born the year he spread the soil had golden hair and seemed elf-y (i.e. Elanor). And the golden seed was planted in place of the Party Tree and grew to be a great mallorn tree, like those of Lorien.
^_^' Lol, I *heart* Sam. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
And FYI, I *finally* refound that detailed Silmarillion geneology site. It traces the roots of Arwen and Aragorn, etc and shows just how "half-elven" they really are. Too much math for me to figure out on my own lol. Check it out! Silmarillion and "Half-Elven" detailed geneology
Er... Question 31: What was the name of Pippin's wife and son. (yes, he and Merry get married to female hobbits, silly slasher people [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
<font color="#ffffcc"><font size="1">[ January 14, 2004 11:31 AM: Message edited by: Callisto Star ]</font></font>
<font color="#ffffcc" size="1">[ January 14, 2004 11:32 AM: Message edited by: Callisto Star ]</font>
Answer #31: Ah! Finally a question I know by heart! Pippin's wife was Diamond of Long Cleeve, and his son was Faramir I (Who got married to Goldilocks- Sam's daughter.)
Question #32: Hohum... ah, I know! Since I'm a Pippin and Merry freak, I'll have to ask a question concerning them. Give the full song that Pippin sings while bathing (I love that song)!
<3
loon
Sing hey! for the bath at close of day
that washes the weary mud away!
A loon is he that will not sing
O! Water Hot is a noble thing
Q! Sweet is the sound of falling rain,
and the brook that leaps from hill to plain
but better than rain or rippling streams
is Water Hot that smokes and streams
O! Water cold we may pour at need
down a thirsty throat and be glad indeed
but better is Beer, if drink we lack,
and Water Hot is poured down the back
O! Water is fair that leaps on high
in a fountain white beneath the sky
but never did fountain sound so sweet
as splashing Hot Water with my feet!
ha! Ok, i know there are a cpouple of semi-columns missing there, but there! It is done.
33#
What is the name of the feilds between Minas Tirith and Osgiliath?
Answer # 33 : Isn't it the Pelennor Field?
Question # 34 : What is the story about the river that flows through Mirkwood?
Yeh, it is
Hey!! Calli, not nice. ^_^
What it does it, name, etc is what I'm looking for. I just like making my questions vague and annoying.
Heh, if you wanted me to make some hard questions I'll go run over to my <u>Unfinished Tales</u> and <u>Morgoth's Ring</u> and look up something that is probably spoken about in one of the books and I just don't know about it. [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img]
Norse poetry is so not my forte. Must be off to sleep.
<font color="#ffffcc" size="1">[ January 18, 2004 01:12 AM: Message edited by: Silver Rose82 ]</font>
Bookmarks